1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic (shredded/chopped)
2 cups broccoli (I used fresh but you can use frozen)
1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
1/2 large green pepper (chopped)
1/2 container firm tofu
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp peanuts
1 tbsp horseradish mustard
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp basil
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a non-stick pan w/ a drizzle of olive oil (1 tsp), cook veggies (1st 5 ingredients) until slightly golden (5-10 min)>
3. While veggies are cooking, blend tofu and rest of ingredients/spices until soft. May need to add 1-2 extra tbsp water to get the tofu mixture going.
4. In a large baking casserole dish (with a little non-stick spray), spread out sauteed veggies.
5. Pour tofu mixture over veggies and spread out with spoon until evenly spread over veggies.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until sauce slightly begins to bubble (or firm).
(This was SO good. It doesn't taste like Alfredo sauce, but it does look like it. However, to me it tastes like stuffed shells).