If you eat healthy most of the time, you don't have to worry about the rest of the time.

Desert strawberry smoothie

1/2 - 1 scoop vanilla Whey protein (Body Fortress)
1 tbsp wheat germ
Cinnamon (I probably use a tsp or two)
3 ounces low fat strawberry yogurt
3 BIG strawberries (washed, top removed - best if fresh and then frozen ahead of time)
1/4 cup skim milk
4-6 dark chocolate chips
Ice (5-7 cubes)
Water (about 1/4-1/3 cup)

1. Put all ingredients in blender, except water. Pulse until ice cubes are crushed.
2. Slowly add water as you blend on low and stop blending until the smoothie meets your consistency needs.
*I like my smoothies like a milkshake so I don't add a lot of water.





Depending on my workout length/intensity, I love warm oatmeal with a cold smoothie (while my oatmeal is cooking I put my smoothie in the freezer).

No comments:

Post a Comment