1 serving chicken breast per person (about 3 oz. per person)
1 tsp flax seed
1 tsp wheat germ
1/2 cup instant oats
1 egg white + 1 tbsp water
Pepper, basil, cayenne
Garlic clove (chopped)
1/4 cup Onion (sliced/chopped)
Olive oil (1-2 tsp)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a shallow bowl, lightly whisk egg white and water.
3. In another shallow bowl, combine oats, seasonings, flax and wheat germ.
4. In a non-stick skillet with a little olive oil, heat to medium heat.
5. Dip chicken in egg white and then cover in oat mixture (both sides).
6. Place chicken in skillet and cook for 3-4 min. on both sides (or until oats begin to brown).
7. While chicken is cooking, spoon a few spoonfuls marinara in a shallow casserole dish until the bottom is covered. Place onions and garlic on marinara and sprinkle with Parmesan.
8. When chicken is slightly done, remove from skillet and place on marinara. Sprinkle with cheese.
9. Place casserole dish in oven and bake for 15-20 min. or until chicken is completely done.