2 Idaho Potatoes (peeled)
1-2 tsp olive oil
Pepper and additional spices/herbs
1. Cut potatoes in half and slice into fries. Continue slicing until the fries are thin.
2. Soak fries in cold water for 30 minutes to remove starch.
*Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
3. Place fries on paper towel and let dry for 10 min (this is important to make a crunchy fry).
4. Place fries on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss.
5. Add pepper and additional spices, toss again.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until brown and crunchy. May need to toss in the oven around 30 minutes.
*This is Karel's plate - I have made him a sardine-dish the night before every race where he has landed on the podium so I guess I am becoming superstitious. This is his sardine + black bean pizza on pita bread.