1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp all spice
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp chopped walnuts
3 tbsp chopped cranberries
1 egg + 1 egg white
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses (you can use honey)
1 apple (peeled and shredded)
1 cup shredded carrots (about 3 large carrots)
1 capfull vanilla extract
1/4 cup water (at the end)
3 tbsp crushed pineapple
2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1 capfull almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix well.
3. Combine wet ingredients (except water) and stir well.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry. Stir until well combined. Add water and mix.
5. Pour batter into muffin tins (sprayed with non-stick spray) about 3/4th tall
*I made 12 muffins and 9 mini muffins
6. Bake for 12-20 min. or until top of muffin is golden brown and firm on top.
7. When muffins are cool, blend pineapple, cream cheese, sugar and extract until almost smooth (it will probably look a little clumpy cause of the pineapple).
8. Place a tsp or two of topping on each muffin.