Here's the nutrition breakdown of my recipe:
3/5 package container Firm Tofu (cubed): 240 calories
1 large red apple (chopped) : 116 calories
1/4 cup chopped onion: 12 calories
3 tbsp chives (chopped): 3 calories
1 ounce dried cranberries: 92 calories
1 cup whole grain brown rice: 170 calories
1 large tomatoes (chopped): 33 calories
2 tsp olive oil: 79 calories
Total: 640 calories
Guess what...you can easily feel satisfied with 1/2 of this entire recipe at a grand total of 320 calories!!! Does that mean you eat a 320 calorie meal? NO! You just get to eat more of other healthy foods!
Here's the ingredient list for the foods used in my recipe:
Water, Organic Whole Soybeans, Magnesium Chloride (TOFU)
Long Grain Parboiled brown rice (Whole grain brown rice)
Roma Tomatoes (Roma Tomatoes)
Olive oil (Olive oil)
Short and sweet :)
Enjoy my latest creation!
1. In a large pot drizzle olive oil and turn heat to medium.
2. Add apple, tomato and onion.
3. When apple begins to turn golden brown, add chives, cranberries and tofu.
4. Give a toss and cook until tofu begins to turn slightly golden brown.
5. While apple mixture is cooking, cook 5-minute brown rice in microwave.
6. Top 1/2 of apple mixture on 1/2 cup brown rice. Enjoy!