1/2 container sliced mushrooms
1/2 tube extra firm tofu (cubed)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tbsp fresh ginger (shaved without skin)
1/2 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/8 cup sliced almonds
Green beans (large handful)
2-3 stalks broccoli
2-3 tsp low sodium ginger soy sauce
2 x 1 tsp olive oil
Optional "fried noodles"
1/2 ounce (portion) whole wheat spaghetti
1 tsp olive oil
1. On a large skillet, on medium heat, add chopped garlic and 1 tsp. olive oil. Add tofu, chickpeas, mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until brownish (toss every now and then).
2. Steam/microwave broccoli until soft.
3. Cook green beans in hot water until soft.
4. When tofu begins to brown, add almonds, ginger, soy sauce and 1 tsp. olive oil.
5. Toss mixture and add broccoli and green beans.
6. Cook for 2-3 additional minutes and turn off heat, remove pan from burner and cover until ready to serve.
1. For fried noodles, boil spaghetti for 3-4 min. until soft in small pot.
2. Empty water and with noodles in pot, add olive oil.
3. Chop up noddles w/ spatula as you move around the noodles to "crisp" them up. May want to lift pan off burner and give a shake to prevent noodles from sticking.
4. After a few minutes, noodles should be brown and semi-crispy.