3 egg whites
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp almond extract
2 tsp honey
dash of all spice and cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 cup raisins (chopped)
1 tbsp dark chocolate (shaved chocolate bar)
1 tbsp flax seed
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a non-stick pan w/ non-stick spray
2. Combine honey, spices, baking soda, oats, whole wheat flour, raisins, dark chocolate and flax seed in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl (not glass), beat egg whites, cream of tarter, almond extract and brown sugar until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold in oat-mixture into egg whites, by 1/4 cup. Be sure to fold softly but enough to prevent clumps in flour.
5. Place batter on pan by the spoonful (small spoonful).
6. Bake for 15-20 min. or until cookies are hard.