What's a go-to meal?
1) It is easy and quick to prepare.
2) You can go to my pantry, fridge and freezer and find everything you need to make this meal healthy.
3) If you need to go to the store, you know exactly what veggies you want to cook with and you know you will enjoy eating them.
Chickpeas (canned-rinse before using due to high sodium content in canned foods)
Veggie sausage (you can use lean meat)
3 egg whites, 1 whole egg and a little skim milk
Seasonings: Pepper, paprika
1. Cook veggies in a little olive oil. The more the better with veggies and leftovers are great!
2. Add egg and milk mixture.
3. Scramble egg mixture into veggie mixture.
4. Add a spoonful of marinara sauce and salsa.
5. Scramble sauces into mixture.
6. Serve with 1/2 pita bread (flat out wrap) and a little hummus.
Here are some options to make your go-to meal a lot less boring...
1) Serve w/ a wrap (or 1/2 wrap) and hummus (pictured above)
2) Serve with a piece of toast (you could spread a little marinara sauce on the bread/wrap and with a little Parmesan or mozzarella cheese you almost have a pizza!)
3) You can eat the veggie and egg mixture on top of 1 serving cooked pasta or rice.
4) You can serve the veggie mixture with a bowl of spinach.
5) You can serve the mixture with any meat or fish (non vegetarian).
6) You can add any type of veggies or tofuthat you like.