2 cups crushed graham crackers (I used cinnamon)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup instant oatmeal (not cooked)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1/3 cup walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
1. Crush the graham crackers.
*this was the fun part. At first I used a wooden spoon but decided it would be more fun to just crumble the crackers with my hands. So long as the kiddos wash their hands, this would be the fun part for kids. Also, it is a good stress-reliever to play with food :)
2. Combine cinnamon with graham crackers in a mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the milk and add vanilla. At this point, the graham crackers take the place of flour.
*There is NO flour in this recipe!!!
4. Combine chocolate chips, oatmeal, walnuts and raisins in a small bowl and add to the large mixing bowl.
5. Stir in the chips, walnuts and raisins.
*You can melt chocolate before combing with walnut and raisins. Since I am not much of a chocolate fan I decided the chocolate taste would not be so overwhelming if there were only pieces of chocolate chips in the brownies rather than being melted in. You can also use different nuts if you choose.
6. Pour into a non-stick 13 x 9 baking pan (I first sprayed it with spray Pam) and level mixture with a spatula or spoon.
7. Cook for 350-degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Check mixture at 10 minutes to estimate your finishing time. You will smell it when it is ready.