I have created 3 easy and quick meals for you to enjoy. Be creative and add your own spin on breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Breakfast - fruity crunchy oatmeal
TIME: 5 minutes
(I don't measure but I want to provide some measurements to get you started)
1/3 cup oats
1/4 cup skim milk (+ 3/4 cup for drinking with breakfast)
1 tbsp golden raisins
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
1 tbsp flax seeds
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
Fruit: strawberries, peaches, banana, blueberries (sliced)
Topping: Kashi Go lean crunch
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir (except topping).
2. Microwave for 3 min (be sure you use a big bowl to prevent an overflow).
3. Stir and top with 1/4-1/3 cup topping (your fav. crunchy cereal)
Time: 5 minutes
Chop up a bunch of fruit and store in Tupperware container
Childhood lunch w/ snacks
TIME: 10 min.
1 sandwich thin (or your fav. bread)
1 tbsp natural PB
1 tbsp low sugar jelly
1. Spread PB on one side of toasted thin. Top with apple.
2. Spread jelly on other side of thin. Top with sunflower seeds and cinnamon.
3. Close and wrap in tinfoil.
Sliced fruit (apples) - for when you want a light snack or a pre-meal snack
Whole fruit (nectarine) - for when you want something sweet
Trail mix (cherrios, walnuts, peanuts, raisins) - for when you want something savory and filling
Yogurt (not pictured) - I threw it in last minute
String cheese (part-skim) - I usually have one in my lunch
Time: 25 minutes
Walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds
Sharp shredded cheese
Bag of spinach
1. Place 6 eggs (use some for leftovers) in water (covering eggs) in a large pot.
2. Turn to high and when water boils, reduce heat to low and cook for 12 more minutes.
3. Chop/combine all other ingredients while eggs are cooking.