Veggies: 2 stalks Broccoli, 1 large green pepper, 1 large container sliced mushrooms, 1 small onion, 2-3 cloves garlic, 3-4 roma tomatoes
*I am enjoying having leftovers so my recommendations may serve a family of 3 or 4 depending on appetite
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Cheese (optional as a topping)
Salsa (optional as a topping)
Sides: scrambled eggs and fresh bread w/ cheese
1. On a large non-stick pan, cook chopped garlic in the olive oil. Set on medium heat.
2. While garlic is cooking for a minute or two, steam broccoli on stove (you can do this in the microwave as well, with a little water in a bowl).
3. After garlic starts to turn a little golden brown, add the chopped onion, pepper and sliced mushrooms. Give a toss to coat in olive oil.
4. After 7-8 min (or when veggie begin to get soft and a little brown) add sliced tomato and steamed broccoli.
5. Cover pan and plate spinach in a large shallow bowl.
6. Top with a spoonful of salsa and add a spoonful (large) of the cooked veggies.
7. Top with a little shredded cheese and add your sides (you can choose another protein rather than eggs and another "carb" choice).