(Laura modified the recipe a bit but it was SUPER yummy. She served it with Jasmine rice and a salad)
* 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 1 (15-ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup light coconut milk
* 1 teaspoon curry powder
* 1 cup precut matchstick-cut carrots
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
* 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and sprinkle with salt. Cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Add coconut milk and curry powder to pan, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add carrots, crushed red pepper, pineapple, and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tofu. Sprinkle with basil.
Peanut Butter Banana Nut Mini Muffins
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1.5 tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
Dash of all spice
Pinch of nutmeg
1 egg + 1 egg white
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 apple (shredded w/ skin - I used gala)
3 tbsp chopped nuts
1 1/2 tbsp creamy natural PB
1 cup banana (mashed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients, mix well.
3. Spoon mixture into mini or large muffin tin (sprayed with a little non stick spray).
4. Bake for 15-20 min or until top of muffin is firm to the touch.
(Karel has my camera so I used my camera phone)
*This recipe came out super yummy! One of my favorites, that's for sure!