*Feel free to use your favorite selection of veggies and other ingredients...you can't go wrong!
1/2 can corn
1/2 can peas
2 large steak tomatoes
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup jalepenos (jar)
1/2 medium onion (chopped)
10 baby carrots (chopped)
10 large whole mushrooms (chopped)
2 tbsp flax
2 tbsp wheat germ
1 cup brown rice (cooked)
1 can black beans
1 small green pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup oats
1 tbsp olive oil
Curry powder, pepper (about 1-2 tsp each)
2 x 2 eggs (1 whole, 1 white) + splash of milk (scrambled)
Sprinkle of yellow cornmeal (you can use wheat flour)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Spray a nonstick baking loaf with non-stick spray (this will make 2 large casseroles so be prepared to use 2 loaf pans).
3. Mix together all ingredients in a very large bowl, except topping.
4. Place 1/2 mixture into baking pan, or until 3/4th full.
5. Sprinkle a little cornmeal on mixture in pan.
6. Spread egg mixture (2eggs+milk) over cornmeal and top with a few pinches of sunflower seeds.
7. Repeat for the other loaf pan. I made a sardine (canned) casserole for Karel with the other 1/2 of my casserole.
8. Bake for 45-50 min.
*if using a glass casserole dish (like my sardine picture) only bake for 25-30 min.