Another veggie stir-fry creation from my kitchen. I don't think you can ever go wrong with a bunch of heated veggies (and your choice of protein) tossed in olive oil. YUM!
Broccoli and Eggplant Stirfry
*once again no measurements for the fresh ingredients. You can't go wrong with too much or too little. Although too little would mean no leftovers and we all love saving time in the morning when thinking about preparing lunch.
Firm tofu (cubed)
Lentils (made from the bag, they take about 15-20 min...super easy and a great complement to rice to form a complete vegetarian protein)
Brown Rice (non-seasoned from bag)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Steam broccoli on stove for a few minutes (or until soft). Turn off heat and cover.
2. Cook garlic in olive oil on medium heat.
3. When garlic begins to brown, add all ingredients except balsamic, broccoli and rice.
4. Cook for 8-12 min, mixing occasionally.
5. Add broccoli and toss with balsamic.
6. Cook for a few more minutes, until all veggies are soft and covered in balsamic.
-You will want to start the rice before you start cutting and preparing for the stir fry (rice takes about 40 min but it should be done by the time you finish the veggie stir fry). Season the rice with no-salt seasonings such as garlic spice, basil, cumin or curry powder.