If you eat healthy most of the time, you don't have to worry about the rest of the time.

Tuna Burger and stir-fry salad w/ pears

I hope you enjoy my latest creation. Feel free to be creative with my recipe to make your own fabulous burger! My salad came out delicious..I LOVED the addition of pears w/ a little drizzle of balsamic.

TUNA BURGER
1 can tuna
1 tbsp light mayo
2 tsp spicy mustard
1 egg
Celery (1 stalk, sliced)
Chickpeas (about a handful)
Onion (about 1/4 cup chopped)
Green pepper (about 1/2 medium pepper, chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
Mushrooms (about 4 whole mushrooms, sliced)
Olive oil (1-2 tbsp)

For burger:
Whole wheat bun
Cheddar cheese (shredded)
Hummus
Lettuce
Tomato

1. Cook mushrooms, onion and garlic on medium heat, in a little olive oil until lightly brown.
2. While mushrooms are cooking, combine the rest of the ingredients (except for the egg). Mix well in a bowl.
3. If you want to cook your tuna, add tuna mixture to the cooked veggies and stir. Cook for 5-6 min, stirring occasionally.
4. If cooking your tuna, add an egg and scramble mixture. Cook for 3-5 min. as you stir occasionally.
-if you want the tuna cold, add a hardboiled egg (or cooked scrambled egg) to the tuna mixture.
5. Melt a little cheddar cheese on one side of toasted burger (10-15 sec. in microwave) and spread hummus on other side of the bun.
6. Add tomato and romaine to the burger and top with a few spoonfuls of tuna mixture (save the rest of the mixture for a salad the next day).








Since I typically make salads for dinner, I wanted to do something different for Karel w/ his burger. I served a side of unsweetened applesauce and sliced pears (fresh).


STIR FRY SALAD W/ PEARS

Tomatoes
Chickpeas
Veggie meat crumble (or you can use an egg instead)
Onion
Green pepper
Garlic (1 clove)
Mushrooms
Pear
Balsamic
Romaine
Olive oil

Optional: Walnuts, shredded Mozzarella and FUEL Cereal
(I found FUEL cereal at Big Lots for $1.50! I really love the taste and although I am a lover of cereal, I don't really crave it (or overeat it) like other cereals. Therefore, it isn't a weakness cereal for me so it is welcomed in my place :) It is great sprinkled on my oatmeal, on greek yogurt, on smoothies or on salads for some crunch)

1. Cook veggies and veggie meat in olive oil (about 1-2 tbsp) until slightly brown or cooked to your liking.
2. Top romaine lettuce with the veggie stir fry mixture. Sprinkle with your toppings.
3. Spread a few fresh sliced pears on the salad and drizzle with balsamic. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment