Crockpot Veggie, Brown Rice and Bean Soup
1 can of your favorite beans (about 3 cups)
8 cups water
1 cup corn
1 cup brown rice
1 small onion (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 cups baby carots (chopped in large chunks)
3 celery stalks (chopped)
1 container mushrooms
1 large stalk broccoli (chopped)
1. Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook for 4 hours. Stir occasionally in the last hour. Add enough water to slightly cover all the veggies.
Spicy Homemade Cornbread
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup skim milk
3-4 tbsp water (just enough water to get out the clumps)
1/8 cup chives (chopped)
1/4 cup corn
2-3 tbsp finely chopped jalapenos (green... or really hot red)
1 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour into lightly sprayed bread baking dish.
4. Cook for 25-30 min or until top begins to crack.