Last week I really wanted to use up our leftover vegetable soup (aka vegetable chili). I was about to make an omelet for dinner, as well as a salad, until I saw the leftover soup in the fridge. What better than to incorporate veggies (from soup) with a comforting omelet over fresh romaine lettuce. Yum!
Last Minute Veggie Omelet
About 1/2 cup Leftover soup (or you can use 1/2 can of your favorite vegetable soup) - warm the soup and drain with a slotted spoon)
2 eggs (per person) - 1 whole + 1 egg white
2-3 tbsp skim milk
Garlic 1 clove (chopped)
1. Warm soup in microwave for 90 sec. or to your liking.
2. Heat small non-stick pan to medium heat. Add garlic and olive oil.
3. Scramble eggs w/ milk and add to pan.
4. When you put the eggs in the pan, give the pan a shake and slightly scramble with your spatula (this will help fluff the eggs).
5. Flip the omelet after a few minutes.
6. Place chopped romaine lettuce in large bowl.
7. Top with omelet and add veggies from soup.