Mashed taters and Bakes balsamic peaches
1 potato (per person)
1/2 tbsp butter (per person)
2-4 tbsp chopped herbs (per person) ex. oregano, basil, parsley
1 fresh chive, chopped (per person)
2 tbsp skim milk (per person)
1. Cook potatoes in large pot on stove for 45-60 min until soft (or 7-10 min in microwave).
2. When potatoes are soft on the outside (if the center isn't soft after you cut the potato you can microwave it for a few minutes) remove skin and mash w/ a fork or a masher.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mash until combined.
Baked Balsamic peaches
1 peach (per person)
1/2 tbsp balsamic per person
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice peaches and place in a baking loaf pan, lined with tinfoil.
3. Toss peaches in balsamic and bake for 12-14 min or until soft.
*you can put the veggies in the oven, with the peaches, if you want grilled veggies with your dinner.
Posted by Marni Sumbal, MS, RD