I feel really lucky that I love wholesome food. 10 years ago I never would have thought I would be craving vegetables for snacks and meals. Certainly, you can't change habits over night and throwing in the title of "athlete" with your name makes for some interesting food cravings. But at the end of the day, you are in control of your food choices and food should not make you feel bad, guilty, sad or gross. Appreciating the value of a plant-based diet will set you up for eating fantastically well most of the time and enjoying a few yummy treats the rest of the time. Enjoy!
Orzo with acorn squash, broccoli and balsamic veggies
1 acorn squash
1. Cut acorn squash in half and drizzle with olive oil. Bake on baking sheet (lined with tinfoil) for 45 min - 1 hour at 400 degrees, until brown at edges.
1. Cook veggies and tofu (cubed) on medium heat in a little olive oil until soft.
2. Transfer to baking loaf pan (w/ tinfoil) and drizzle with balsamic.
3. Bake for 20-30 min or until slightly brown. Season with your choice of no-salt seasonings.
1/2 cup orzo
2-3 cups water
Fresh basil leaves
1. Cook like pasta. Remove when the orzo is to your liking.
2. Add basil leaves.
1. Steam broccoli.