If you eat healthy most of the time, you don't have to worry about the rest of the time.

Southern Cooking-Marni Style


Simple Collard Greens


1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove chopped garlic
1/2 small onion (sliced)
2 roma tomatoes (sliced)
Collard Greens (I used about half of my collard greens that came tied together)
1. Preheat pan to low (almost at medium) and cook garlic and onions in olive oil until golden (about 5-6 min).
2. Add collard greens and cook for a few minutes until Collard Greens begin to shrivel.
3. As you are coating the greens in onions and garlic, add tomatoes just before the collard greens are finished cooking (should be bright green and soft).




A few nights ago I made a fantastic Tofu and Kiwi Salad. I am really enjoying my salads and I can never eat enough tofu. The key is to add enough olive oil to your pan to evenly coat the tofu. I never use non-stick spray with my tofu...it just doesn't do the tofu justice. So much better with olive oil :)

Tofu Kiwi Salad

1/4 cup firm tofu (cubed) - per person
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
Carrots
Celery
Green pepper
Kiwi (1 per person)
Tomatoes
Radish
Chickpeas
Romaine and/or Spinach
Hard-boiled egg

1. On a nonstick pan on medium heat, cook tofu and garlic in olive oil. Cook for several minutes (tossing occasionally after 3-4 min) until sides are golden brown.
2. Add chickpeas to "toast".
3. Combine your veggies in a bowl and top with tofu, hard-boiled egg, chickpeas and kiwi.

No comments:

Post a Comment